Why should you use Patriot Air?
Patriot Air is a trusted leader in the HVAC industry since 2008. We are a licensed, bonded and insured contractor. We have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau and plan to keep it that way. We have never had a registered complaint with the R.O.C. and hopefully, never will. We employ a friendly staff eager to listen and ready to serve your air-conditioning/heating requests. We are committed to keeping our reputation stellar and are quick to address any concerns you may have with your experience. All of our technicians are expertly trained and knowledgeable of all makes and models of equipment – new and old. We have a fully-stocked fleet of trucks ready to serve you and your comfort needs. Read More…
What is the difference in efficiency?
Air-conditioners remove heat from your home’s indoor air by “transferring heat” into the Freon inside of the evaporator coil, they do not “add cold” air to the house. There is a cold coil called an evaporator coil inside the unit that is full of frosty Freon. Air from inside your home is blown across this coil through a filter as to keep the coil clean. The cleaner the coil is, the better the heat can be transferred into the Freon inside the coil. Heat from your indoor air is absorbed by the frozen coil’s Freon thus, ‘cold air’ output is the result. Read More..
How do I increase efficiency?
SEER is Seasonal Energy Efficiency Rating (see image above) The higher the SEER, the more efficient the unit is. There are several factors that increase a unit’s SEER Rating. Adding a “variable speed” blower motor increases the SEER. Adding a 2-stage compressor increases the SEER.
What is a 2-stage compressor?
Let’s say you have a 5 ton system… A 2-stage compressor is a rotary compressor that spins at a medium and at a high speed. These systems require a 2-stage thermostat to decide whether to be in low or high stage. This means, if you have a 5 ton system, you can run the system at 3.5 ton on the days in which you do not require 5 tons of cooling.You can run the system at 3.5 ton until the system can no longer keep up with the cooling demand. Then it switches into 5 ton mode when needed to completely cool the house down to the desired temperature. Read More…
We are available to answer any other questions you may have about your home, unit, or what would be the best decision for your home comfort. Call Us Today.
What are some things I can check before I book a service call?
• Is the thermostat turned on and calling for heat/cool?
• Have I replaced the batteries in the thermostat lately?
• Have I gone to my electrical panel to see if a breaker has tripped?
• Is there electricity and/or natural gas in my home currently?
• Have I changed my filter in a while?
• Do I hear the unit working at all?
What information can I expect to provide when booking a service call?
• What time can I let someone in to see the thermostat/unit?
• Is technician going to need a 24’ foot ladder to access my 2-story roof?
• About how old is my system?
• Is the unit still under manufacturer’s warranty?
• What are my major cross streets?
• What is my gate code?
• What is my building number?
• What is my unit number?
• Who is going to greet the technician at my property?
• What is my tenant’s phone number?
• What is my property manager’s number?
• What is the work order number I received from my home warranty company?
What else should I prepare myself for?
• Who is going to pay the bill at the time of the service?
• Do I have invoices or paperwork from previous repairs?
• Is there a lock on the gate and do I have a key to allow access into the yard?
• Is the electrical panel locked and can it be removed if necessary?
• Is there clear access through “scuttle hole” if technician needs to get into attic?
• Do I need to back cars out of garage so technician can get into my attic?
• Is the floor below attic access clear of obstructions? Will technician be able to set up a ladder?
• Do I need to lock my dog(s) up? Do I need to restrain any pets from escaping the yard and/or home.
• Do I have a new filter that technician can install for me?